Tuesday 10 September 2013

Week 7: Introducing Me...

My name is Susan and I am currently studying a Masters of Information Technology in Library and Information Science at Queensland University of Technology.


This blog is for my reflections on CLN647 Youth, Popular Culture and Texts. This class is probably more specific to teacher-librarians, but I've always liked encouraging teenagers and kids to read is a really important aspect today. As the role of a Young People's Librarian looks attractive to me, I thought this could possibly benefit my future career.... Also it was nice to step away from library specific content!

I think it's important to appeal to young people to read and if pop culture is going to reel 'em in, let's do it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Susan! Youth librarian-ing is fun - I used to work in my local public library system and did A LOT of storytime sessions. 3 year olds are cute, but there is definitely some interesting stuff out there in young adult fiction at the moment. Looking forward to discussing pop culture with you!
    Cheers
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete