Monday 30 September 2013

Week 10: Pinterest

So I was finally forced to join Pinterest for uni (I swear they must want me to fail!) and create a board showing what I thought was big with young people these days. Firstly I had to get past all the gardening pins which were absolutely amazing and I was so tempted to quit uni and become a professional green thumb... Before I remembered the only time I have had success in the garden is when my green thumb boyfriend does all the planting and sets up the water system. So that was a kick in the face...

Anyway, back to Pinterest and uni. As I am still waiting to hear what my lovely interviewees think of popular culture, I wasn't exactly sure what they are watching and I don't have many young people to ask. So I ended up guessing, and I will admit, my guesses were probably pretty stereotypical - One Direction, Hunger Games and J-Law, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

I apologise for this, I should probably be more active in knowing what is cool with young people so I can encourage them to read and get involved... But my personal restrictions (I ban myself from reading books during semester as otherwise uni gets very neglected) do get in the way. When I worked at a school library is was easy to keep up with things. Hopefully when this course is over I can catch up on all that I've missed (not the Twlight movies though, I was about for the hype of the first release, that'll do me just fine).

What do you think? Have I missed something crucial that young people are totally addicted to?!


No comments:

Post a Comment